Friday, February 10, 2017

Beginning of a voyage

Hello, this is my blog on the sailing voyage I am going on. So let me tell you how this all started, it was a good old day in June 2016 at my house in Auckland New Zealand. I was outside by my trampoline when my dad came out to me and my sister. He told us that


 some other devotees had invited my dad, sister and myself to go on their yacht that they built. When I heard that the yacht was going to India I was like "umm. . . Ok" Cuz lets just say I am not a big fan of boats. Then a few months after that when we were trying to sell our house, my dad said we might not have the money to fly to the boat which was stationed in Moss Point Mississipi. (By the way, in August 2005 when Hurricane Katrina hit the US, the boat named the Jai Nimai Nitai was in port when the Cyclone hit, and it was one of a few boats in that area the survived). The builder, owner of the 60ft yacht was inside the boat while the catastrophe swirled overhead. 
So when I heard we would most likely not have the money to fly there in my mind I said,  "Thank you, Lord." But we wound up going. 

 Then on the 22nd of January it mas time to leave home. We took a 13-hour flight to Houston USA,  then a 2- hour flight to New Orleans. from there the devotee crew picked us up and we drove to Moss Point Mississipi where the boat was stationed. 



That's all for today if you can I would appreciate any comments or feedback. I will also be uploading more pictures and blog posts, so stay tuned and be sure to check on my blog multiple times a week, but since the boat does not have the network/wi-fi

set up yet I will not be able to post blogs that often. But stay tuned for more and GOOD BYE! :D


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog trystan it is very impressive i love how you explained how we found out about the trip and your vocabulary is very nice. over all well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haribol Trystan! An engaging read! So great to hear from you. Loved all the details can't wait to read the next. Will share your blog with the class on Monday. Go well! Hope you don't HATE boats anymore!! Krishna-priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate your support, and ever since I'v been on the boat i have come to realise that it is not that bad. Except for the constant head hitting. I am also going to edit out the I HATE boats part, including another part that I believe is not necessary. Again, Thank You.

      Delete
  4. Hi Trystan,

    We are going on camp tomorrow and we have a really good cook!! Buddhimanta!! And we will have lots of fun and food. Say hi to Megan from us. Bon voyage! Adios! Peace! Good luck sailing.

    From: Gaura Nitai Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trystan, I'm a friend of your dad's and am looking forward to following your trip and blog! Will it just be the three of you on the boat or will you have some other crew to help sail the boat? How old are you and your sister? Have you been sailing for long? We (my husband and 10 year old son) want to do what you are doing ... some day. When do you depart? So exciting! --Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Trystan! You are on such an awesome adventure. I like reading your blogs so much and all that you are learning. Love you heaps - Mum

    ReplyDelete